User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 05:25:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Follow us on Twitter!  http://www.twitter.com/abgupdates

Key Stats
4998 Posts in 854 Topics by 75 Members
Latest Member: LeandroOlds
Home Help Search Login Register
Attacked by Gorillas  |  Improve Yourself, The Attacked by Gorillas Way!  |  Sports  |  Clint Roper's NFL Picks of The Litter Week #3 « previous next »
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clint Roper's NFL Picks of The Litter Week #3  (Read 2764 times)
ClintRoper
About To Be Struck By A Vehicle
My Name Is Jonas

Email
« on: September 26, 2009, 02:31:44 PM »

Well, the ol' prognosticator took a hit last week 9-7... rough week. I can make plenty of excuses but Im allowed to have an off week With that being said.... 21-11 so far on the season... a .650 clip... but that will change back to the guaranteed .750

Green Bay over St. Louis -- Spags shoulda stayed in Jersey coaching the Giants. Because he may well be the head of this year's sinking ship. St Louis hasn't shown us anything in two games... at least the Bucs have scored some points. This should be a laugher.

Detroit over Washington -- When your punter and TE share the team lead in td's after the first two weeks of the season and... that number is 1? Thats not good. Portis isnt 100% and Campbell is having a decent season but the rest of the team isnt helping him out on offense. Detroit has shown it can score.. and as long as MEGATRON is on the field... I think they can take the Skins.

Minnesota over San Francisco -- The 49ers will not run all over Minnesota like they did to Seattle. One of these teams will be 3-0 after the game.. and its not San Fran. Hill will be forced to carry the offense.. and he's not capable of it.

Houston over Jacksonville -- Lets set this straight. The Jags arent the Jags of old. Houston showed that week 1 wasnt going to be a trend. We're hoping that the light has gone off on that offense. It could easily be a blowout.

Atlanta over New England -- This pick makes me nervous but... the Pats secondary is suspect. Falcons have a stud back, a stud te and a young gun QB. The Pats have Brady and Moss. Most weeks that should be enough.... but it has proven to be difficult so far for the Pats.. and the Falcons have been solid. Close ugly game.

Tennessee over NY Jets -- Wounded and pissed off Titans team will not go 0-3. Jets have started off very well not having allowed an offensive td so far.... but they haven't met a back like Chris Johnson. Besides.. the Jets because of Yom Kippur.. asked the league to change their 4pm start time to 1pm.... thus ruining my ability to watch them lose to the Titans while I watch the Giants beat the Bucs.. damn them!

NY Giants over Tampa Bay -- Umm.. Tampa sucks? Giants dont.

Kansas City at Philadelphia -- Umm KC sucks? Eagles not as much.

Baltimore over Cleveland -- Manginious is Mangidiot. Baltimore's defense will be too much to hand for Cleveland. And if Chargers cant beat the Ravens... the Browns sure cant.

Chicago over Seattle -- Seneca Wallace is starting for the Seahawks. Chicago just beat the Steelers. I'm pretty sure those are reasons enough for this decision.

Denver over Oakland -- I mean.. they are still the Raiders.

San Diego over Miami -- Miami's lack of being able to score when it counts and no real playmakers aka Ted "Game Changer only if I could catch the ball" Ginn. Chargers bounce back from Ravens loss to pounce on the Dolphins.

New Orleans at Buffalo-- The Drew Brees express continues on. I cant even pick against them yet... until they start playing some top 5 defenses

Pittsburgh over Cincinnati -- I wanted to pick Cincy cos of Ocho Cinco. And you shouldn't be surprised if they do beat Pitt.... but the Steelers aren't happy about losing last week... .and that could be bad news for Carson.

Arizona over Indianapolis -- The Miami game showed us that the Colt defense is finally starting to show us that its not that good.

Carolina at Dallas -- I hate the cowboys... but Carolina is awful.

DrDetroit
Dan Aykroyd Would Be Proud
Administrator
Across The Sea

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 05:22:29 PM »

I am VOLUNTARILY missing football tomorrow to go to work.  In part, because the NFL TV schedule in the forbidden zone is tremendously bad.  If I got the Eagles game this week, I wouldn't be doing this.  Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, I dunno.

But, while I am sitting in a basement working on my dissertation, away from football, and you (YOU) are watching the Lions-Skins game, and the Skins open up a 21-0 lead... Just know that I know that's happening, and I'm not surprised.  You're surprised, though, and that's cute.  Adorable! Awww,  <3 <3 <3!  Go ahead and start Ladell Betts this week- he's good for 140 yards and a TD, minimum.  You'll be like "How come Jason Campbell doesn't look like this every week!!?!" and I'm going to be thinking "I wonder what would happen if I dropped out and applied at the Waffle House, I bet I could get a manager position."  The Lions probably spent the majority of the week more worried about Moss and Randal-El, because their secondary sucks.  The linebackers are awesome, so that means Betts is money now.  If Washington breaks out the Wild Redskin (racist) with Randal-El, it'll work every damn time.

And then I'm going to come home, annoyed, tired, and be insufferable and/or slap happy for the Podcast either way.

To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
-Albert Einstein

Listen, kid, there're two things you don't know about the Earth: one is me. And the other...is Godzilla.- Don Frye, Godzilla: Final Wars
Brick Prior
Lord of the Land, Leader of the People
Administrator
Butterfly

BOOSH!

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 08:22:58 AM »

If the Redskins lose to the Lions, I will be very incoherent (more than usual!) on the podcast.  I may even insult all of your mothers.  A fair warning.

My DVDs.

"Yes, I've read a poem.  Try not to faint."  Nathan Fillion, Serenity
Sasha Kenzan
AbG Brigade Leader
Administrator
Slave

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 12:20:12 PM »

BRING ME THE HEAD OF JIM FUCKING ZORN.

blibblab
Donovan McNabb's Best Friend
No One Else

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 05:06:52 PM »

Uh.... this should be an interesting podcast...
DrDetroit
Administrator
Across The Sea

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 06:12:03 PM »

Tony Reali posted this on Twitter tonight, and I am posting it here to get the response from the REDSKINS CONTINGENCY.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2008/02/11/jim-zorn-to-the-redskins-probably-the-worst-nfl-hire-of-all-time/

-Albert Einstein

Listen, kid, there're two things you don't know about the Earth: one is me. And the other...is Godzilla.- Don Frye, Godzilla: Final Wars
Sasha Kenzan
AbG Brigade Leader
Administrator
Slave

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 08:21:04 PM »

I wouldn't say worst hire of all time, but he's probably one of the worst Redskins coaches ever, easily the worst of the Snyder era, based off his inability to adapt and the fact that pretty much everyone has his playcalling scheme figured out.  And yes, I'd go so far as to say he's worse than Steve Spurrier, a name that still makes Brick shake with rage.

The question is, logistically, if you fire him, who replaces him?  Gregg Williams should have had the job during the first go-around.  None of the big-name coaches on the market would be a good idea since bringing them in during the season would effectively signal that the season is done, thus meaning it'd have to be someone from the inside to at least finish the season.  That leaves Stump Mitchell, Joe Bugel, Sherman Smith, Greg Blache, John Palermo, Kirk Olivadotti, Jerry Gray, and Steve Jackson.  Of the viable candidates, I'd really only trust Joe Bugel with the team, and you'd have to gut Mitchell and Smith out of the system at the end of the year since they are Zorn hires.

Of course, this is Dan Snyder we're talking about.  Maybe he'd hire Keanu Reeves because of his performance in the Replacements.

DrDetroit
Administrator
Across The Sea

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 06:38:11 AM »

The interesting thing, to me, was that this was written when Zorn was hired and the comments from (presumably) Skins fans chastize the author for saying Zorn was a bad hire, and by November they're pretty much saying Zorn was a great hire.  And now, 19 games later...

-Albert Einstein

Sasha Kenzan
AbG Brigade Leader
Administrator
Slave

Email
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 01:23:50 PM »

Yeah, but a lot of Redskins fans constantly believe the team is Super Bowl bound and should go undefeated every single year and nothing the team does is wrong and blah blah blah.  I remember thinking Zorn was an odd hire at the time but I took a wait and see approach, and sure, I was thrilled when they started 6-2 but I wasn't surprised one bit when it all fell apart.  When they lost to the Rams last year, I thought that bad shit was on the horizon.

Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: