User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 05:26:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Subscribe to the AbG Podcast or Brick will come to your house and wreck your fine collectibles.

Key Stats
4998 Posts in 854 Topics by 75 Members
Latest Member: LeandroOlds
Home Help Search Login Register
Attacked by Gorillas  |  Improve Yourself, The Attacked by Gorillas Way!  |  Sports  |  Michael Vick is a Philidelphia Eagle « previous next »
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Michael Vick is a Philidelphia Eagle  (Read 1970 times)
Brick Prior
Lord of the Land, Leader of the People
Administrator
Butterfly

BOOSH!

« on: August 13, 2009, 06:07:49 PM »

Well, this is weird.

Thoughts?

My DVDs.

"Yes, I've read a poem.  Try not to faint."  Nathan Fillion, Serenity
Shastar
Wishes He Hadn't Seen Ricky On The Sidewalk
Only In Dreams

dead4taxpurposes
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 06:15:24 PM »

All I gotta say is Kudos to Philadelphia for continuing in the tradition of giving Hampton Roads hooligans employment.

Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but giggle when you see one tumble down the stairs.
ClintRoper
About To Be Struck By A Vehicle
My Name Is Jonas

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 08:07:20 PM »

I would like to hear blibblab's thoughts on this
blibblab
Donovan McNabb's Best Friend
No One Else

Email
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 06:14:03 AM »

I would like to hear blibblab's thoughts on this

Lenard Little & Donte Stallworth killed people and got slaps on the wrists. Ray Lewis was involved in a stabbing of two people and barely got a nick not only in time but also reputation. Michael Vick, yes, did heinous and horrible things to animals... but he not only served his time in jail, not only lost everything he had made over his career, but also lost any reputation he had and will ever have. He'll always be that guy who tortured dogs. But he paid his price and certainly deserves a shot at a second chance at life just as any other prisoner who's paid his debts to society.

Football-wise, it's not a bad move. When Kolb went down, the Eagles hadn't a backup QB (I think just AJ Feeley and former Temple QB Adam DiMichele). He can be used in a Slash sort of way to lineup as RB or WR. He should add another dimension to an increasingly potent offense [McNabb, D-Jack/Curtis/Maclin/Baskett/Avant, Celek, Westbrook/McCoy, Vick]. I don't think this is a push against McNabb since 1) Vick's only signed for a year 2) The option for the second year is $5.4 million - certainly too much for the frugal, age-conscious Eagles to spend on a QB who will be on the wrong side of 30 and 3) Andy Reid's too stubborn to admit that he made a mistake on drafting Kolb as the QB of the future.
DrDetroit
Dan Aykroyd Would Be Proud
Administrator
Across The Sea

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 01:33:45 PM »

I agree 100%.

To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
-Albert Einstein

Listen, kid, there're two things you don't know about the Earth: one is me. And the other...is Godzilla.- Don Frye, Godzilla: Final Wars
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: