User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 05:26:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Subscribe to the AbG Podcast or Brick will come to your house and wreck your fine collectibles.

Key Stats
4998 Posts in 854 Topics by 75 Members
Latest Member: LeandroOlds
Home Help Search Login Register
Attacked by Gorillas  |  Improve Yourself, The Attacked by Gorillas Way!  |  Sports  |  Clint Roper's Official AbG Fantasy Football Player Rankings Part 3: QB's « previous next »
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clint Roper's Official AbG Fantasy Football Player Rankings Part 3: QB's  (Read 1906 times)
ClintRoper
About To Be Struck By A Vehicle
My Name Is Jonas

Email
« on: August 07, 2009, 08:54:02 PM »

We're getting ever so closer to the moment of truth... as I type this...8 days, 22 hours, and 8 minutes till the Attacked by Gorillas fantasy football draft. We've covered RB's and wr's so far... and today...we will cover... the men who get the ridiculous contracts... the Quarter backs....

QUARTERBACKS

1. DREW BREES Oh its damn true. 5,000 yards last season. 34 td's... not so shabby for being the QB of 'Aints. Its almost a toss up between the top 3 qb's to draft. But lets put it this way... Brees just keeps getting better as the years go by. He's good for at least 4500 yards and 30 td's 16 int's..... and the reason why he gets the nod.... he's not coming off surgery and he doesnt have a new coaching staff to deal with. Besides.... you'd expect better numbers from Shockey, Bush and Colston.

2. TOM BRADY Brady is an elite. He was coming off a 50 td season before the injury. He's a risk... but I don't think the Pats would have left Cassel on board. Call me Crazy.... but Brady is definitely worth a second round pick.... 4100 yards 33 td's 13 int's.

3. PEYTON MANNING Oh Peyton.... you will always be known as Mr Consistent.... that or the guy who holds back the San Diego chicken from fighting that dude in the Sony commercial. Be that as it may...the man has thrown for at least 3700 yards and 26 td's every year of his career. That's insane. Coming of knee surgery and with a Dungy out and new coach staff... Harrison gone...... it'll be interesting to see what will come but he's capable of 4200 yards and 30 td's 14 int's....I dont think he's worth a first round pick like he used to be.

4. AARON RODGERS Maybe you dont know this... but top fantasy QB in 2008 was Drew Brees...and number two?? Aaron Rodgers...aint that a bitch? First year... over 4000 yards and 28 td's. Jennings is capable of taking it to the house every time he catches the ball...decent offensive line....and add that to the fact that the Packers really dont have a huge red zone rushing game.. means... plenty of td's from Rodgers..... and dont forget... he can scramble... 4 rushing td's. This year? 4200 yds 30 td's 12 int's You go boy!

5 PHILIP RIVERS This is a soft 5th ranking. Sure he tied Brees in td's last year... but guess what.. thats cos LT and the running game didnt put up the numbers that it always put up. I still cant look down on someone who threw for 4000 yards and 30 td's.  So lets say.... 3900 yards 28 td's 12 int's

6. TONY ROMO Som ewhere Chris Buse is crying tears of joy that he gets to cheer on his favorite quarterback. No more T.O. And as much as I hate the Cowboys... Martellus Bennett is going to be a good compliment to Jason Witten. Three headed running game... Romo should find more consistency this season. Good thing you dont have to worry about him in the playoffs... ouch! 4000 yards 30 tds 13 ints

7. KURT WARNER Wyatt Earp returns to the Wild West. The Son of Man hath laid his hand down upon the Arizona franchise once.... .can he do it again? So what he quotes the bible and throws fire out of his hands.... if the old man stays healthy he'll contribute a lot. 3900 yards 26 td's 13 ints

8. CARSON PALMER The second famous Carson. Say goodbye to Whosyomomma... but hello to Coles. It should be an interesting season for Palmer... but I still like him enough to know that if they get that passing game going.. he's a stud.... 3700 yards 25 td's 16 ints

9 DONOVAN MCNABB Well... 2008 was a career year. He actually stayed healthy and was consistent. With that being said.. he needs to stay healthy..... Maclin and McCoy will help. 3700 yards 24 td's 10ints

10 MATT SCHAUB Im sorry.. I just cant put Cutler up here... he is playing for the Bears. Schaub missed 5 games in 08 and still threw for 3000 yards. He will stay healthy... Slaton and Johnson will help him.... and guess what that means.... BREAKOUT YEAR Im going with 3800 yards 25 td's and 14 ints.

Alright chew on that folks.... gotta double duty..... expect the TEs within the hour......
Sasha Kenzan
AbG Brigade Leader
Administrator
Slave

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 03:40:21 PM »

No QB is worth a first round pick, unless you're in a keeper league and you already have the RB you want.

ClintRoper
About To Be Struck By A Vehicle
My Name Is Jonas

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 09:10:57 PM »

Yea well... its been consistent the last couple years Manning or Brady get drafted in 1st round
Sasha Kenzan
AbG Brigade Leader
Administrator
Slave

Email
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 01:39:32 PM »

Usually by guys that are picking at the end of the round, right?

Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: