User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 05:26:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Subscribe to the AbG Podcast or Brick will come to your house and wreck your fine collectibles.

Key Stats
4998 Posts in 854 Topics by 75 Members
Latest Member: LeandroOlds
Home Help Search Login Register
Attacked by Gorillas  |  Improve Yourself, The Attacked by Gorillas Way!  |  Sports  |  UFC 100 « previous next »
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UFC 100  (Read 1625 times)
Sasha Kenzan
AbG Brigade Leader
Administrator
Slave

Email
« on: July 09, 2009, 12:07:13 PM »

This card is STACKED.  List your picks!

MAIN CARD
---
Heavyweight title fight: Brock Lesnar (champion) vs. Frank Mir (interim champion)
- Mir by second round submission.  This is going to be unpopular, I think, but I've seen a vast improvement in how Mir's been fighting lately, and even though Lesnar has gotten much better, I think Mir stands a better shot.  People claim Lesnar's wrestling advantage as the reason they are picking him, saying that if it goes to the ground, Mir's fucked... but they forget that Mir is a black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu and that's exactly how he beat Lesnar the last time.  I hope, for the sake of UFC's heavyweight division, that I'm wrong here, but I see Mir taking this.

Welterweight title fight: Georges St-Pierre (champion) vs. Thiago Alves
- GSP by third round TKO.  Alves is good.  Really good.  But GSP is simply better.  Right now, I'd say he's pound-for-pound the best fighter in the UFC, and I don't think Alves has the skill to beat him just yet.

Middleweights: Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping
- Henderson by unanimous decision.  Anyone who thinks Henderson is getting knocked out is an absolute fool.  The dude has an iron chin, and he's been punched by guys that hit a hell of a lot harder than Bisping do.  I like Bisping, but I don't see him winning this fight.

Welterweights: Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago
- This is a hard one for me to call, just because Fitch is a dangerous fighter and Thiago's unbeaten.  Fitch is a training partner of Josh Koscheck, who Thiago knocked out in his UFC debut, so this is probably something of a revenge match.  I'm going to go with Fitch by a split decision, but this could really go either way.

Middleweights: Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher
- I'm going to predict an upset and pick Belcher by second round knockout.  I've always thought Akiyama was overhyped as a fighter, and Belcher, while not the greatest fighter in the world, has a skillset which matches up favorably against a fighter like Akiyama.

PRELIMS
---
Light Heavyweights: Mark Coleman vs. Stephan Bonnar
- Bonnar by second round TKO.  I don't see Coleman lasting much longer in UFC, and this is realistically probably a loser leaves town match, because Bonnar hasn't looked all that good either.

Lightweights: Mac Danzig vs. Jim Miller
- Jim Miller by third round submission.  Mac Danzig was the cream of a very limited crop when he won the Ultimate Fighter, and I see him losing here and then getting booted out of the UFC.

Light Heavyweights: Jon Jones vs. Jake O'Brien
- Jon Jones by first round knockout.  Jake O'Brien is a slug, and Jon Jones is an exciting, explosive fighter.  I hope I get to see this on the PPV itself.

Welterweights: Dong Hyun Kim vs. T.J. Grant
- This has all the trappings to be a dull fight.  Grant by unanimous decision.

Middleweights: C.B. Dollaway vs. Tom Lawlor
- Lawlor has a size advantage having dropped down from Light Heavyweight, and he has some good power, but Dollaway's a very tenacious fighter.  This should be good, too bad we probably won't see it.  Dollaway via second round submission.

Lightweights: Matt Grice vs. Shannon Gugerty
- Neither of these guys stands too much of a chance in making an impact, but I think Gugerty will take a unanimous decision here.

Brick Prior
Lord of the Land, Leader of the People
Administrator
Butterfly

BOOSH!

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 05:50:48 AM »

UFC PICKS BRICK PRIOR STYLE HERE WE GO.

MAIN CARD:

Lesnar/Mir - 1+1 is 2.  My gut says that Lesnar is going to punchisize Mir's face sometime during the second round.  My brain says Mir's gonna make him tap in the second round.  Let's go with the brain on this one.

GSP/Alves - I had a dream last night.  It had nothing to do with UFC.  I'm gonna go with GSP... uh?  Third round?  Yep, third round.  Why?  It's GSP.

Henderson/Bisping - HENDO! HENDO! HENDO! HENDO! HENDO! Five rounds, decision. Bisping can't play tennis.

Fitch/Thiago - Thiago.  Yeah?  Thiago.  A punch.  To the face.  Followed by multiple punches. Second round.

Akiyama/Belcher - Belcher.  Why? HIS LAST NAME IS BELCHER.

PRELIMS!

Coleman/Bonnar - Bonnar.

Danzig/Miller - TOSS UP!  Coin time!  Heads is Miller, tails is Danzig.  Heads!  Miller!

Jones/O'Brian - Jones!

Kim/Grant - "Phuck Yu" gets the win.  Why?  Because someone dropped their punk cards.

Dollaway/Lawlor - I don't even know who... uh... FINAL HALF-ASSED PICK.  D-D-D-D-DOLLAWAY.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 04:52:24 PM by Brick Prior » Logged

My DVDs.

"Yes, I've read a poem.  Try not to faint."  Nathan Fillion, Serenity
Sasha Kenzan
AbG Brigade Leader
Administrator
Slave

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 10:33:20 PM »

I fared much better than UFC 98, 6-5.  Who exactly could be next for Lesnar or GSP?  No clear-cut contender in either division as it stands.

Brick went 5-5 because he didn't pick the last fight.

Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: