User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 02:06:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News Box
Subscribe to the AbG Podcast or Brick will come to your house and wreck your fine collectibles.

Key Stats
4998 Posts in 854 Topics by 75 Members
Latest Member: LeandroOlds
Home Help Search Login Register
Attacked by Gorillas  |  Improve Yourself, The Attacked by Gorillas Way!  |  Reading  |  Worst Comic Superhero ever? « previous next »
Pages: « 1 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Worst Comic Superhero ever?  (Read 6051 times)
Axel Night
He who maketh things work.
Administrator
Pink Triangle

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2008, 10:05:20 PM »

Squirrel Girl?  If you're going to dig into the GLA/GLX/GLI bag, there's far worse.  Like Grasshopper, with the power to leap really high and die in whichever issue he is introduced.

Giving birth is a lot like jury duty.  It's well and fine in the right hands, but we mostly leave it up to the people too stupid to get out of doing it.
Othgar the Flamboyant
When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Across The Sea

Tears cannot putout the barbarian fire

BeefcakeDaMitey
WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2008, 10:56:43 PM »

one guy I thought was a horrible rip off of batman was nightman.  batman with nightvision and a saxophone pretty much

Excuse me ladies and gentlemen if I may, I would like to raise awareness of pecan on viking hate crimes....
SignNinja
Ace of Base's Favorite Ninja
Undone (The Sweater Song)

Silent but Violent!

Email
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2008, 02:37:42 PM »

Howard The Duck, no explanation needed.
DrDetroit
Dan Aykroyd Would Be Proud
Administrator
Across The Sea

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2008, 09:48:35 PM »

All I know of Howard the Duck is that it was a dumb movie, so, explanation needed.  Not trying to be a dick, but lists have no currency without being backed up by any kind of argument.

To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
-Albert Einstein

Listen, kid, there're two things you don't know about the Earth: one is me. And the other...is Godzilla.- Don Frye, Godzilla: Final Wars
viper757
Would Not Like attackedbyhellokitty.com

timphilli48 timphilli756
Email
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2008, 11:57:30 PM »

All I know of Howard the Duck is that it was a dumb movie, so, explanation needed.  Not trying to be a dick, but lists have no currency without being backed up by any kind of argument.
Actually, it was a comic book put out by Marvel in 1973 and has had several cameo appearances including with She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, and Fantastic Four.  He was even in Marvel Zombies.  He has no super power, but created his own martial arts called Quack Fu. He looks like a Donald Duck that smokes cigars.  There is quite a long entry for him in Wikipedia.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 12:05:18 AM by viper757 » Logged

"Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam! (Furthermore, I think that Carthage must be destroyed!)" Cato the Elder
Brick Prior
Lord of the Land, Leader of the People
Administrator
Butterfly

BOOSH!

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2008, 04:28:06 PM »

Actually, it was a comic book put out by Marvel in 1973 and has had several cameo appearances including with She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, and Fantastic Four.  He was even in Marvel Zombies.  He has no super power, but created his own martial arts called Quack Fu. He looks like a Donald Duck that smokes cigars.  There is quite a long entry for him in Wikipedia.

And, to add on, Howard the Duck's series written by Steve Gerber (who also created him) is a critically acclaimed run and an awesome as hell satirical look at the US in the 1970s.  Nothing beats Howard doing the Nixon pose as he runs for president.  He's not necessarily a superhero, when it comes down to it- he's more of a commentary on the world at large when used properly.

My DVDs.

"Yes, I've read a poem.  Try not to faint."  Nathan Fillion, Serenity
BlinderGuardian
The Sky A Perfect Blue

America's Number One Mocoddity

awarner1990
WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2008, 09:26:44 PM »

Jubilee from x-men.  fireworks?

Quantum Physics: The dreams that stuff is made of.
Brick Prior
Administrator
Butterfly

BOOSH!

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2008, 06:19:30 PM »

Jubilee from x-men.  fireworks?

Actually, Jubilee filled the "surrogate daughter" role for Wolverine in the 90's that Kitty Pryde was in the 80s.  She wasn't around for her powers more or less, but to exist as a good "viewpoint" into the X-Men world for new/young readers.

Now, if you want to go after X-Men characters for having crappy powers, then we can bring up Maggot (who walked around with two very large maggots and spoke worse English than me on a super bender) or Lifeguard (who picked her name because she was a lifeguard and her mutant power was to get whatever power was necessary in order to save whoever or some such).

Don't get me started on how much I hated it when Chris Claremont came back to the X-Men franchise after '91...

My DVDs.

Brick Prior
Administrator
Butterfly

BOOSH!

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2008, 06:35:46 PM »

Oh, and here's another canidate:

Muhammad X.

DC Comics really does piss me off at times...

My DVDs.

BlinderGuardian
The Sky A Perfect Blue

America's Number One Mocoddity

awarner1990
WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2008, 10:37:47 AM »

I'm in agreement.  Muhammad X...that's just reprehensible. haha

Quantum Physics: The dreams that stuff is made of.
Pages: « 1 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: